Message from Cllr Phil Baker
I thought I would provide another Saundersfoot vaccine roll out update, as there are two further clinics now arranged at the Regency Hall, Saundersfoot by Saundersfoot Medical Centre (SMC). These clinics will be by invitation only and not walk in.
Tuesday 9th March from 09:00 – the continuation of Group 5: 65 to 69
Tuesday 16th March from 09:00 – the completion of Group 5: 65 to 69 and inviting any residents from earlier Groups who have not been able to attend the SMC clinics.
Volunteer stewards will be on hand to assist with parking and to look after your safety in the hall.
Saundersfoot Medical Centre are also planning the roll out for the largest cohort,
Group 6: All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions. I will post a further update when these plans are finalised and as previously, depends on the delivery of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to Saundersfoot.
The Welsh Government website identifies these underlying health conditions as:-
• Chronic respiratory disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis and severe asthma
• Chronic heart disease (and vascular disease)
• Chronic kidney disease
• Chronic liver disease
• Chronic neurological disease including epilepsy
• Severe and profound learning disability
• Solid organ, bone marrow and stem cell transplant recipients
• People with specific cancers
• Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment
• Asplenia and splenic dysfunction
• Morbid obesity
• Severe mental illness
Residents who are housebound will continue to be offered their vaccination by the District Nurse Team.
The remaining vaccinations for the identified Groups will be carried out by Hywel Dda UHB at Tenby Leisure Centre, these clinics are also by invitation only (phone, text or letter)
Group 7: All those 60 years of age and over
Group 8: All those 55 years of age and over
Group 9: All those 50 years of age and over
Welsh Government have undertaken to offer a first vaccination to all Groups 1 to 9 by mid-April.
Please keep safe